Applicants are welcome from all sections of the community. They are admitted using the following criteria:
- Parental aspirations and commitment towards the vision of the Institute;
- A commitment from parents to be an active player towards their children's learning.
- Students who are able to read and have memorised some surah's from the Qur'an.
- Committed and devoted to be an alim.
- The most recent school report: level, attendance and punctuality with good behaviour.
- In addition, all applicants are required to take and pass an entry test. The Institute maintains a waiting list.